The lean wastes introduced by Toyota apply directly to the service sector, and so do lean management systems. Look at the examples like Google & Southwest Airlines who follow 'servant leadership' (a part of a Lean Management System) and the success they've had.
Service companies face a greater challenge today with quickly changing markets and having the information technology to provide the client what they want in an ever shorter lead-time.
Some of the challenges we’ve helped our clients resolve:
- Engaging and empowering those team members in direct contact with the clients to take more ownership in resolving problems by better understand the impact of not quickly resolving the issue.
- Creating a ‘train the trainer’ approach to address:
- Improved deployment of the annual strategy.
- Creating a Lean Management System through engagement and non-biased assessment of individual traits.
- Increasing the value add of team members by allowing problem solving (process improvement) at all levels within the organization.