Made to Order Lean, Excelling in High Mix Low Volume Manufacturing By Greg Lane
With a Foreword by
Toyota Production System methods have rendered remarkable results in high-volume manufacturing plants, but they have not been fully understood and correctly applied in high-mix low volume manufacturing environments. While lean principles do apply, the implementation methods and tools, must be adapted and alternate methods embraced in a low-volume environment.
Made to Order Lean is specially geared to manufacturer's and service companies that have hundreds to thousands active parts of numbers/services with few or no ongoing forecasted volumes, and for job shops that build to order and want continuous process improvement. The primary focus is eliminating non-value added activities and instituting improvements on the most repetitive jobs a strategy that gives you more time to produce your low-volume work or one-offs.
This workbook is:
- Based on Toyota methodology, Made to Order Lean explains how to implement critical adaptations to high mix low volume manufacturing.
- Fully illustrated with actual examples and photos from successful applications in the high variation environments.
- Comprehensive continuous process improvement, including an implementation Flow Chart that will help you to customize a transformation for your shop.
- Written in a simple logical fashion by a former Toyota Employee with more than 15 years of hands-on experience.
This comprehensive book is a must-have for plant managers, manufacturing managers, and lean practitioners who need to apply lean principles effectively in their job shops, re-manufacture/repair, and high-mix, low-volume plants.
|Table of Contents
|Foreword by John Shook
||Introduction: Method and Overview
||Management Auditing: Standardized Work for Managers.
||Associating a Time with All Work.
||Utilizing Day-by-Hour and FIFO Boards.
||Making Improvements When Youre Short of Capacity.
||Making Improvements When You Have Excess Capacity.
||Using Value Stream Mapping in a Low-Volume Environment.
||Making Man Power Improvements.
||Improving Machine Performance and Plant Layout.
||Making Improvements through Office Department Kaizen.
||Making Improvement through Office Process Kaizen.
||Improving your Product Costing
|About the Author
Praise for Made-to-Order Lean
“This book is an excellent resource for applying lean principles to the complex topic of high mix, low volume manufacturing, and is core reading material for those implementing a lean manufacturing system in this environment.”
- Paul A. Brent | General Director Global Supplier Quality and Development, Delphi Corporation
To order in any country, click on the link below:
“Made-to-Order Lean provides clear and practical insights into how to increase competitiveness of a manufacturing facility. It will teach you how to increase the productivity of your operations through proper visual aides, improve quality and satisfy today's demanding customers.”
- Lee. C. Banks | Senior Vice President and Operating Officer, Parker Hannifin Corporation